Professional, timely and non-judgemental: Our offer to Children, Adolescents and Young People is everything we stand for
We specialise in effective, evidence-based and professional psychological work approved by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), and regulated by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). We will only ever provide support if we believe that we are best placed to do so.
Clinical psychologists specialise in a variety of therapeutic approaches, and all can be used depending on expertise, training and professional interests. We tend to prioritise Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Meta-Cognitive Therapy (MCT), Compassion-Focused Therapy (CFT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), narrative therapies, family therapies, systemic and integrative therapies, and neuropsychological work.
We work collaboratively with Children, Adolescents and Young People experiencing a wide range of mental health, social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
We offer highly specialised therapies
A fun, physical and interactive play-based approach, designed to enhance attachment, develop self-esteem and build trust in others
Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP) Informed Support
A therapeutic parenting approach, based on attachment and developmental trauma, to help children and families understand and improve their relationships
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
A structured therapy to help children and young people recover from a trauma or other distressing life experiences
Video Interactive Guidance (VIG)
- By reviewing authentic video clips from your real life, we aim to help improve communication within families, develop relationships, and improve the bonding between parents and children
Non-Violent Resistance (NVR)
Through conversations, guidance and exercises with parents, we can address children’s violent or self-destructive behaviours by resisting violence whilst conveying love, and respect for your child
- Helping children and families develop skills in being present, and being aware of the environment around them. We will work hard on not being overly reactive or being overwhelmed by what’s happening all around
Arrange an appointment today:
Speak to our Clinical Psychologists online:
We offer support via Teams Video Conferencing
After the Coronavirus outbreak in March 2020, we set up specialist facilities and software to be able to speak with you and your family, from the comfort of your own home, from anywhere in the UK.
If you’re not ready for face-to-face appointments, or even if you can’t make it to one of our clinics, our online appointments work in the same way as they would in a face-to-face setting. We can send you information and documents instantly, and you can access the conversations from a mobile, tablet or desktop device. We even have clinical psychologists who have expertise in online and virtual therapies.
You can be Anywhere
- You are not limited to being close to our clinics in Manchester
- We accept referrals for online work from any location in the UK.
Technology is the Future
- Children, Adolescents and Young People report that they enjoy speaking over technology
- There is a growing body of evidence that outcomes are equally, if not more, positive than face-to-face sessions
Convenient and Efficient
- We can arrange appointments throughout the whole day, subject to availability
- There is no need for you to travel or make your way to one of our clinics
- You can access the conversation without any specialist equipment or software: All you need is a mobile, tablet or desktop device, and the link that your psychologist provides
- Your psychologist can send you images, files and even show you their screen.
Secure and Safe
- Conversations are encrypted, meaning that only the people in the conversation can see and hear what is being said
- The conversations are not recorded and are not stored anywhere.
- We use the Teams platform, which now requires the use of passcodes, and waiting rooms with appropriate encryption and security
CAYP Psychology and our clinical psychologists are registered with the following health insurance providers. Even if your insurer is not listed below, please do get in touch as we may still be able to accommodate.